CASUS Annual Workshop
We are pleased to announce the 2nd CASUS Annual Workshop on “Fusing Artificial Intelligence & Simulation”.
The event takes place online from 5 – 9 October 2020.
The workshop will bring together experts from a variety of scientific communities presenting work on fusing AI with Simulation. Subjects will include – but are not limited to – AI-driven Surrogate Modelling, Data-driven Modelling, Artificial Intelligence & High-Performance Computing, Fusion of Data from Measurements & Simulations, Interactive High-Performance Computing, Fusion of Numerical Methods & Artificial Intelligence and In-Memory Workflows for Exascale Computing including Artificial Intelligence.
Video playlist from CASUS Annual Workshop 2020
Monday, 5 October 2020
5:00 p.m. CET, Opening talk: Exa-everything: Scalable HPC and AI for understanding complex systems, Michael Bussmann, Center for Advanced Systems Understanding Görlitz
Tuesday, 6 October 2020
5:00 p.m. CET, A Path to the Exascale for Atomistic Simulations with Improved Accuracy, Length and Time Scales, Mitchell Wood, Sandia National Laboratories
6:00 p.m. CET, Intersection of Machine Learning and Scientific Simulations: Architectures and Applications perspectives, Siva Rajamanickam, Sandia National Laboratories
Wednesday, 7 October 2020
10:00 a.m. CET, High-dimensional data streams for understanding low-dimensional Earth system processes, Miguel Dario Mahecha, University of Leipzig
5:00 p.m. CET, Deep Learning and Computations of PDEs, Siddhartha Mishra, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich
Thursday, 8 October 2020
4:00 p.m. CET, Kinetic plasma simulations at the exascale realm and AI, Luís O. Silva, University of Lisbon
5:00 p.m. CET, Mining hydrological & climate data for detecting and attributing global change in the world’s water cycle, Lukas Gudmundsson, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich
Friday, 9 October 2020
4:15 p.m. CET, Statistical methods for reduction of dimension of ”fat” data sets, Małgorzata Bogdan, University of Wrocław | SLIDES |
5:00 p.m. CET, Simulation and autonomous driving, Henryk Michalewski, University of Warsaw
6:00 p.m. CET, Stochastic microsimulations of the COVID 19 pandemic: Insights from the MOCOS project, Tyll Krüger, University of Science and Technology in Wrocław
Conference language is English.
Communication and Video platform
We will use zoom for the online video conference. We will send the speakers and registered participants a link to the conference room. Detailed information about how to use zoom you find here.
CASUS Annual Workshop Scientific Organizing Committee
- Prof. Dr. Roland Sauerbrey, Director of CASUS, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden – Rossendorf
- Dr. Michael Bussmann, Scientific head of CASUS, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden – Rossendorf
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Attinger, Head of Department of Computational Hydrosystems (CHS), Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel, Director of the Center of Information Services and High-Performance Computing (ZIH), Technische Unversität Dresden
- Prof. Dr. Ivo F. Sbalzarini, Chair of Scientific Computing for Systems Biology MOSAIC Group, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
- Prof. Dr. Leszek Pacholski, University of Wrocław