The CASUS Directorate is responsible for the general operation of CASUS. Its tasks include the strategic planning for CASUS in consultation with the Supervisory Board and the Steering Committee, the administration of the CASUS finances, the hiring of personnel, as well as the coordination with partners, the CASUS committees, and the CASUS Research Teams. The Directorate will be recruited from research personalities of international renown in at least one of the research disciplines of the participating institutes as well as in digital methodology research (e.g. scientific computing and data science).
Member of the Directorate:
- Prof. Thomas D. Kühne, Director
The development phase of CASUS will be accompanied by a Steering Committee that consists of leading scientists from the CASUS partner institutions. It coordinates the operation of CASUS and decides on scientific matters as well as the hiring of research personnel.
Members of the Steering Committee:
- Prof. Sabine Attinger, UFZ
- Prof. Małgorzata Bogdan, University of Wrocław
- Prof. Thomas D. Kühne, HZDR, CASUS
- Prof. Wolfgang E. Nagel, TU Dresden
- Prof. Ivo F. Sbalzarini, TU Dresden, MPI-CBG
The Supervisory Board is responsible for the overall strategy development and financial control of CASUS. It consists of members of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Saxon State Ministry of Science, Culture and Tourism (SMWK) as well as of the respective CEOs of the four German partner institutions. It meets twice a year.
Members of the Supervisory Board:
- Dr. Volkmar Dietz, BMBF (Chair)
- Dr. Babett Gläser, SMWK
- Prof. Anthony A. Hyman, MPI-CBG
- Prof. Sebastian M. Schmidt, HZDR
- Prof. Ursula M. Staudinger, TUD
- Prof. Rolf Altenburger, UFZ
International Scientific Advisory Board
The International Scientific Advisory Board supports the Supervisory Board, the Steering Committee, and the CASUS Directorate by giving advice on strategic planning and scientific opportunities. It is composed of the following internationally recognized researchers from various disciplines:
- Prof. Michael Bonitz, University of Kiel (Germany)
- Prof. Anna Marciniak-Czochra, University of Heidelberg (Germany)
- Prof. Suresh Rao, Purdue University (United States of America)
- Prof. Craig Stewart, Indiana University (United States of America)